Shawn Lani

Slani@Exploratorium.edu
Position:
Senior Exhibit Developer, The Exploratorium
Years: 12

Areas of Interest:
I'm particularly interested in geological processes and dynamic motions. I've built a lot of water exhibits over the years and works that highlight complex pattern formations and behaviors.
Current Projects: I'm currently developing outdoor exhibits at Ft. Mason in partnership with the National Park Service and the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. It's a tricky project because it's forcing our team to rethink how we've traditionally developed exhibits and artworks. Beyond the obvious engineering issues, we've challenged ourselves to create works that encourage careful observations; comparing, contrasting, matching, and inferring. Creating exhibits that sway in the breeze will not be enough in a National Park setting. I look forward to sharing our early ideas with you all. If you're interested, you can find a lot of my work at my personal website: ShawnLani.com

No comments: